No kid should miss out on fun because of food allergy or intolerance. Though not recommended for children with severe allergies, this dairy-free advent calendar is quite easy and is a good solution for kids who don’t react if there’s a little cross-contamination.
What You’ll Need
Chocolate advent calendar from Trader Joe’s (or similar)
Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Run a knife under the seals on both ends of the advent calendar to open it. Run your hand carefully down the inside to free the candy tray from the box, as it will be glued in spots.
- Remove the candy tray.
- Pop out the chocolates gently. If they don’t come out without damaging the designs, skip this step.
- Run the chocolate tray under hot water until completely clean. Dry.
- Microwave the chocolate chips on 50% for one minute. Stir. Continue microwaving at 50% in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Carefully spoon the melted chocolate into the molds. When finished, gently tap the entire tray against the counter until they are all level.
- Leave chocolates on counter for several hours or overnight until hardened.
- Re-insert the tray into the calendar, ensuring that it is not upside-down.
- Glue or tape the box closed.
- Give your safe advent calendar to your happy child!